2021 SACRAMENT SCHEDULES
The following are the required events for those who would like to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. NOTE: Successful completion prior to April 28th of the online program is also required.
|April 9th, 7:00-8:00PM||One-hour mini-session with Fr Gabriel, in church
|April 23rd, 7:00-8:00PM||One-hour mini-session with Fr Gabriel, in church
|April 28th, 6:45 PM-8:30PM
||Confessions & Adoration (in church), Rehearsal at 8PM (parish hall) Sponsors should be in parish hall in time for the rehearsal.|
|May 1st, 11AM||Confirmation in Parish Hall|
The following are the required events for those who would like to receive their First Communion. NOTE: Successful completion prior to May 12th of the online program is also required.
|April 10th, 11:00AM - 12:00 PM||One-hour mini-session with Fr Gabriel, in church
|April 24th, 11:00AM - 12:00 PM||One-hour mini-session with Fr Gabriel, in church
|May 12th, 6:30 PM - 8:30PM||Rehearsal (parish hall). Followed by Confessions in Church. Parents should be in chruch and available to leave with their child after the child's confession is done.|
|May 15th, 11:00AM - 12:00 PM||First Communion in Parish Hall|
ST PATRICK PARISH
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION 2020-21
As you no doubt know, the education of your children in the Faith is a solemn responsibility that every Catholic parent accepts at baptism. While it is first and foremost your responsibility to take them to Mass (without which, frankly, Religious Education is meaningless) and teach them to pray and love God, the parish is here to support you.
In response to changing times and new challenges, last year we offered two options: an online program and Sunday school. I’m pleased to say that the online program was well received by the students. Also well received was the once-a-month meetings in the church. Having learned from what worked and didn’t work, and considering the uncertainly Covid-19 has brought concerning large groups, I have after much reflection decided to make the following changes to our Religious Education program.
LEARNING THE FAITH
For the “school” portion of Religious Education, I have decided to make use of the Online Program mandatory for all children in all grades. We found that this program, offered in English and Spanish, taken at your own pace and interactive is the best way to consistently teach your children the elements of our Catholic Faith. It also enables us to easily track your children’s progress.
NOTE: For children without access to an appropriate computer/tablet/phone upon which the course can be taken, the text books may be requested (in Spanish and English if necessary). Parents will be responsible for making sure your children cover the material.
Those to receive First Communion and Confirmation will also have several mandatory meetings on Sundays scheduled throughout the year in addition to the online course.
EXPERIENCE THE FAITH
Our Faith is about more than knowing what we believe, it is also about a lived experience and about prayer. As of September 1st, we are not yet planning on providing Sunday meetings due to continuing Covid concerns and sensitivity. When meetings are able to be set without the current social distancing guidelines, we will reconsider whether or not we will be able to offer optional Sunday Meetings in conjunction with Mass to learn how to pray, talk about the week’s readings, and simply discuss the faith.
To this end, we would not not need catechists to teach, but we do need people to share your faith with the children several Sundays a month. Please consider volunteering when we are able to begin!
- Fr Gabriel Rach, Pastor
Learning the Faith via Faith & Life On-line Course
- Time: At your discretion
- Dates: Course must be completed by end of Religious Education year.
- Where: At home. On-line access and computer/tablet required.
- For children who do not have on-line access or an appropriate device, parents may request the standard textbooks. You will be responsible to ensure your child(ren) complete the material by the end of the year.
- Completion Requirements: Successful completion of the course with online tests (monitored by St Patrick online) is required to move on to the next year’s class and to receive the sacraments of First Communion & Confirmation.
- For children who must use the textbooks at home, we will ask the parent to testify that their child completed the material at the end of year.
- Cost: 1 child ($135), 2 children ($185), 3+ children ($220)
Experiencing the Faith on Sunday (NOT YET SCHEDULED DUE TO COVID)
- Time: 9:35-10:25 AM
- Dates: Most (2-3) Sundays each month through the Religious Education year (schedule TBD)
- Where: St Patrick Parish Center (formerly the school building)
- Important Note: This is not an alternative to the on-line course. It is strictly an optional supplement that we would hope many would make part of their Sundays at Mass.
Any inquiries or questions can be directed to Bernadette Heym at [email protected].